Monday 15 April 2013

IMAGES OF THE MOON

April 2013 has at last provided the first opportunity to view anything through a telescope for over two months. I feel that we have suffered the longest period of cloud filled night skies, poor visibility and freezing temperatures I can remember. These conditions severely dampened any enthusiasm for lugging a telescope to the moors above Matlock- even the promise of Comets only resulted in a half hearted attempt, quickly curtailed by frozen hands and a need for heat and a warm drink  However, I felt that I needed/wanted an image of the moon (I am not sure anybody really needs an image of the moon in an artistic context - discuss) and was determined that the photo was to be original. So at long last I managed to capture some using a Nikon D90 from the comfort of my studio window. My only use for such images is as a background for text forming a part of the video screen installation at Leicester University but it was worth the wait. As during the same session I have good images of Ganymede, Io and Europa (three of the four Galileon moons of Jupiter) as well as the ‘Eye of Jupiter’ (nebula) and a, as yet, unidentified pattern appearing just under Jupiter.  

Moon Image 1
Moon Image II

No comments:

Post a Comment